Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

19.3.09

Nightmare Visions of a Ghoulish Kind





You know that feeling you get when you come across a band with such simple but awesome songs you just get angry with yourself for not beating them to it. Graffiti Island are one of those god damned bands. They ‘re from London and make these lo-fi tunes wherein each song they seem to take on another paranormal-ish persona, such as a Werewolf, a caveman, or even a hellish cat, like they sat down the back in English sniggering as they come up with lines like ‘I want a pipe made from the bones of a man’s pinky finger. Ooo, I like the sound of that’. That stuff’s funny. I mean, I don’t want every song to remind how shit the world is at the moment, or how some girl won’t love you. Sometimes I just want a guy in a monotone growl tell me over and over again that he is a Mountain Man.


Graffiti Island - Head Hunters


Graffiti Island - Wolf Guy


No comments:

Post a Comment