Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

12.3.09


Ksubi - a love/hate relationship. 

The clear conclusion for me with these Australian streetwise brew designers is that their prod fits me..really, really well. So if I can afford them, and I like the stylistic appeal of a certain pair I buy em. However unfit you see my rationale to be, it fucking works for me.

So recently I picked up their Autumn wash, basically stained jeans, like those of a painters, something I could've done as an 'at home style advocacy act' however these were on the 'bay for next to nothing compared to their RRP and I got a steal!
Love em.
They fit like a dream that you have when u sleep in on a sunday morning.

Just a quick pro quo on Ksubi from a corporate view: 
I was in GP last week and the beanie wearing scarf jerking (it was was like just a few days into spring- wtf with all the clothing??) 'dude' hadn't received any new Ksubi for this season. "nahhhhh man, none of that"(try saying it really slowly, that'll give u a clue to his vocal tempo). He then went on to repeat the common rumor I had heard for the umpteenth time, "apparently their in 8 millions dollars in debt maann, so yeah i dunno know"

After reading the net and trawling for related articles its quite clear that the rumor has some truth to it. But the simple fact that I can surmise from all my reading is this:

Ksubi Had an expanded operations in 2007 that included for the first time a total clothing range that included sunglasses. Now, In every business venture expansion incurs debt. There's the rumor. The actual figure seems to be just a few million not 8. However The GFC and the recession has made paying these loans off a huge problem. To stem this, Ksubi scrapped all manufacturing outside Australia and the clothing line and only continue as denim and sunnie supplies. There it is. 

So when your thinking about purchasing ur next pair of cotton, remember that Ksubi are Australian icons for streetwear/fashion, perhaps theses days, more than ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment