Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

29.3.09

Frustration, Sensation, Fascination



Nike SB boxes are now Blue 'n' White. In case you were waiting for them to change..like me.

Pulled from left field, I was given the opportunity to attend the MTV Australia Awards on friday night. I accepted on the basis of seeing a few acts live, and for the mere cacophony of celebrity that would surround you at something like this,
"oh there blah goes, with blah blah etc"
It was a riot of a time on account of the people I went with but it was also neat to witness a very up close performance of The Killers and be awed by SIA and her weird 'n' wacky display of live action nonetheless the highlight with a voice like that, with her fluro attire surrounded by confetti and balloons. Alot of fun. 
What was almost surprisingly interesting was surveying supposed V.I.P areas and confirming the fact that they were all faux industry geeks / behind the scenes peeps on a night out, yearning for the limelight (something the plebs like us would only have to buy on a night like this). Another noteworthy experience was watching the whole production, cameras and crews and feeds, and commercial breaks, pseudo-live performances and watching bands about to come on stage - I was less than 3 meters away from Wolfmother, by myself, blocked by a barrier and would've asked for an autograph if they weren't about to go finish the show with a finale. It was one of those evenings where if you really wanted to spend the cash and buy V.I.P status for the night be my guess, but I was there for free, with a good mate and his friends, and it was the most fun one could extract from the limelight that was the MTV Australia awards 2009.  Be sure to save your money come next year.

If only I had dropped by La Campana later that night where M83 were doing a live DJ set a few blocks away when walking home would I now declare it the best friday night for a while (its typically a very boring night of the week for me).

C'est la vie

enjoy crappy photo. (its The Killers btw).




No comments:

Post a Comment