Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

22.3.09

Hold The Ice




It’s a bit past lunchtime on a lazy rainy Sunday and I’m eating these Batman symbol shaped chicken nuggets called Batman Snacks. Sick. I wish I had something constructive to do today, but alas I do not. Instead, I want to rave about the Heavy Bass Champion of the World, Luca Venezia aka Drop The Lime, one smooth motherfucker.


He looks like a rockabilly, hails from Noo York, was in a gospel choir in high school (I bet it was the one in Sister Act 2), holds a resident DJ spot in the Fabric London club, and plays a variety of styles with confusing names like breakbeat and dubstep (I think dubstep is the one that has all these wobbly sounds (yes I am retarded), but it makes you want to move your feet). I read somewhere he played a sweaty show at the now-closed Jimmy Sing’s Record Shop when he was in Sydney last year. I wish I knew about him then.


Though what I like most about this fella the most is that he croons over his tracks, and with a vanilla smooth voice too. It’s trying to seduce my ears, and it’s all like ‘Do your legs hurt? Cos you’ve been running through my mind all night’. And then when I call it a creep and tell it to back off, it slips rohypnol into my drink and I wake up in a bathtub full of ice and one less kidney. Smooth, see.



Drop The Lime – Hear Me (AC Slater Remix)


Drop The Lime – Coal Oven Fevers

No comments:

Post a Comment