Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

14.5.09

Dancing To the Sound of Sirens

I want to kill somebody.



I am one of the thousands who missed out on fucking Splendour In the Grass tickets, once again this year. I mean, I know the lineup isn't 'amazing' this year, but for the past 3 years I have been yearning for Splendour. Dreaming of the mud, the freezing cold, shrooms, and magical times. Unfortunately, however every year my desires have been crushed, either by my parents not letting me head to Byron Bay by myself , HSC Trials, or this time, the ticket site's internet servers being too damn slow, and it subsequently selling out in 1 hour and 17 minutes.

I could also just kill a man to see Bloc Party, who are headlining. My plans to see them everytime they have come out to Oz the past few years have been thwarted at every turn. I got incredibly close last year to seeing them in Sydney. In fact, I even had a ticket, passed through the gates, though the Hordern Pavilion courtyard was as far as I reached. My girlfriend at the time decided she couldn't hold her vodka and decided to projectile vomit in the courtyard right before the show had even begun. Cue, security guards surrounding us and forcing us to leave, with no refund, due to the fact we were drunk and underage at the time (well I was allowed to stay, but obviously I couldn't leave her), and my fucking Dad being called to come and pick us up. I have never been so fucking devastated in all my life, as we waited for him, and she bawled her eyes out while I tried to calm her down. I wanted to cry too. Apparently, the gig was fucking awesome.

I still find it difficult to listen to Bloc Party. Obviously then, you could imagine my excitement and wide eyes when I heard Bloc Party were headlining Splendour this year, though with no side shows.

This is my first post in almost three weeks due to my laziness and the fact I have been working and waking up at 3AM for 5Am starts, but I just felt the overwhelming need to rant.

So please, Kele Okereke, you are one of my heroes, and a fucking amazing fella. In the off chance that you type your name into 'Google' or something and come across this blog, could you please somehow help a mate and I get our filthy hands on some Splendour tickets. We will pay for them, yessir. That, or we are considering going on a prayer, heading all the way up to Byron in the blind hope of jumping the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment