Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

14.4.09

I Think I'm Turning Japanese. I Really Think So.


Sick of doing quizzes (I am apparently both the hero Ghost Rider and Turk from Scrubs) and Top Fives on Facebook, I am listening to the radio, lying on the floor in my pyjamas with this laptop dreaming of being in Japan. After reading an article in Dazed and Confused, I have looked up these artworks by Japanese artist Miyuki Akiyama. She is part of The Magical Artroom art collective in Tokyo, and makes these tripped out fantasy lands. They need no words to accompany them, so just look at them now, closely. They are yet another reason why I want to go to Japan.


I don't want to pretend I know much about art (seeing as though I made the worst decision in the history of the world by choosing to study Studies of Religion 2 over Art in my HSC. Yeah I know I am a fucking spastic), but when I find something I visually want to make love to, and that makes me feel good by looking at it, I like to make other people like it too. So please don't think I'm trying to be a mad cunt by posting about art when I do.
Miyuki's blog is HERE!


These are the reasons why I want to go to Japan.

1. Every single Japanese person I have ever known has been incredibly nice, and you can do nothing but like them. Especially a friend Ray from primary school.
2. Three Ninjas: Kick Back when they go to Japan is so awesome. And their Grandpa too!
3. Sushi. Seriously for the past two weeks I've had it for lunch nearly everyday if I'm in the city. Check it out from Asagao in Pitt Street. Fucking Delish.
4. Japanese people seem to be nuts, but in a cool way. Just check out their crazy game shows on Youtube, where people are hurt and humiliated.



I hope to get over there before the years out, despite the fact the drinking age is 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment