Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

22.4.09

I Got The Job



....at a grocery store. But hey, a fancy one in Surry Hills. When I was in that neighbourhood the other day I ducked into Cream, the vintage clothes store in Crown Street, and found Alex, the singer from Red Riders behind the counter, just chilling listening to Bat For Lashes' 'Daniel'. I swear It was him at the one in Newtown where I'd talked to him about a signed Strokes album cover they have displayed, and when I saw Red Riders at the Spectrum last month I knew it was him for sure. I got to chatting to him (he came up to me, I was too pussy to start talking to him first) and he said that South By Southwest, which they've just returned from, was awesome, that the new single 'You've Got A Lot Of Nerve' should hit the radio this week, and the new album 'Drown in Colour' comes out the beginning of June.



They have a tour coming up so you righteous dudes and dudettes should most definitely go see them churn out their guitar pop and actually 'buy' the album, don't download it illegaly, you fucking cheapskate, because they are one of Sydney's best bands! I didn't end up buying anything from the store because I'm poor as shit at the moment (I lost a $50 note yesterday, which doesn't help), but Alex gave me the peace sign when I left, so I was happy. Until I walked back down Oxford Street and had an ice addict with no shoes on, drinking a longneck of VB, call me a 'shitcunt' because I didn't have a ciggy.


And Bekay's badself and my shitself are seeing School of Seven Bells tomorra night at the Gaelic Theatre. The tickets were my present to him for his birthday last week.


Jeremy Jay - In This Lonely Town

Crystal Stilts - Love Is A Wave


Black Lips - Take My Heart

These songs I give to you now are completely irrelevant to the other bands I have posted about now, but they all make me want to take a girl out to the rollerskating rink, hold her hand, then go for burgers afterwards.

2 comments:

  1. hey ollie,

    its okay, that is my room! we should switch beds, too bad you dont live in this country.

    yes, i did the cover for the technology issue and the article will be online! i helped out with some other photos for other people's articles like that teenage kicks sex devices thing (the guy part, jamie tate shot the the woman in the UK). its funny you should see read it. its so gnar.

    anyways, thankkkk youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

    speak soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never know when people ever get notified when i reply on my blog

    ReplyDelete