Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

7.4.09

Get Drunk and Dance For Kurt



I totally forgot it was the 15th Anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death on Sunday (the 5th of April).
Fortunately I was reminded when I flicked on Triple J and caught the end of Nirvana's set in Melbourne back in '92 (where were you?), which would have been fucking awesome to see, like I don't have to tell you already.

It appears that there is some form of a celebration of his passing going on on in Sydney this Thursday 9th April. It's held by the grrrl babes from DUKE Magazine, which I'm thinking would be as crazy as batshit as they seem to be. In a good way.

Unfortunately unemployment is a bitch, and so are my friends because nobody is really into him as much as me, so with a lack of money and no companion (because I don't want to go alone and seem like a weirdo in the corner), I doubt I will be going. But hey, that doesn't stop you going, ripping up your favourite jeans (I actually contemplated doing that about 5 minutes ago but thought I'd probably get too cold come Winter), throwing on a smelly old cardigan, getting really drunk and dancing like a spastic. So go.

Here are two sluts of tracks for you to have your way with.



I.U.D. - Daddy

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart - Come Saturday

No comments:

Post a Comment