Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

15.7.09

" But when will I see you again?"



To do it, or not to do it?


That be the question for Splendour next weekend. I have never done it before. Or mushrooms. Syd Barrett makes it look so relaxing, just lying there on the rock in the warm sun, blissed out, becoming one with nature. The two main topics of conversation I have with a guy at work, are Japanese girls, and acid. Simply because both are beautiful. I'm scared to do it though. All the talk of bad trips involving encounters with demonic entities put the fear into me. I've probably just gotta chill the fuck out and stop being such a pussy. Splendour in the Grass, Byron Bay, the Flaming Lips live, a road trip, and the probable chance the site turns into a field of mud, is the best possible combination I could have to do it right? I remember having the 'drug' talk with Mum a few years ago, her denouncing them, etc. She told me about the one time she took acid when she was around my age. She said she was in the car, driving with her friends to a party, and she just repeatedly saw the same house over and over again as they drove, like in the background of cartoons. Nothing special or inspiring for me. In situations like this maybe we should just ask ourselves, 'What would Hunter S. Thompson do?'. Probably swallow fifteen tabs, pull a gun on a security guard, finger a prostitute and shout a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment