Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

21.10.10

Peter Brown: Stargazer Ringing In The Ears.

This was one of those Ebay 'watched' items that I came across while perusing some fellow 12inches online.


It was the front cover that initially took my interest before I even tracked down the artist via some random ebay music postings and such. Recently while on a forum, a later release of his came up and I only then recalled the love affair I had had with that front cover. 'Stargazer' (1979  TK Records) was his second album (pictured) however one his most popular achievements was his credit for writing Madonna's 'Material Girl'. While his disco inflected tunes included 'Do Ya Wanna Get Funky With Me' and 'Dance With Me', I've got the piano ballad titular track here and also his 1984 hit, a eurobeat synth pop extravaganza remixed by Chris Lord-Alge. Unfortunately, It would appear a career-ending case of tinnitus befell Mr Brown in the earlier 90's as these days he enjoys retirement among the stars (pardon the pun).





1 comment:

  1. This post was very well written, and it also comprises a lot of useful facts. I enjoyed your differentiated way of composing the post. Thanks, you have made it very simple for me to realize.astrological signs dates

    ReplyDelete