Locating Irregular Music.

Brought to you by DJ Puxatony Bill

12.6.10

Pull up to the Bumper: Oz Music.



In light of the incumbent fanaticism and fervent bandwagoning that will be taking its course over the next month (or less), I have given myself an opportunity to take a gander at the local music scene coming (jsut another tip off to the Canyons bois) out of this great country (albeit not my native one).


Canyons.


Do all - say all, play all, score all - these guys have it down. It's not hype, not style, but class with a stylus. An unrelenting eclecticism and hoarding of dance and disco, baleric and beatbox, tropical and sub tropical, I think I'm starting to pick on their wavelengths.  With their class(y monikers) and moreso music taste - their original and remixing/producing output is sensually tingling, every new track, mix, dub or remix is in my itunes and I enjoy them all equally.


Tame Impala - Skeleton Tiger (Retamed by Canyons)


The latest offspring under their label Hole In The sky (H.I.T.S) is the previsouly tenable modular bound(?) previously known as Tennis, reformed as Tortoiseshell (The vocabulary of HITS and Canyons, exponentially grounds itself in nouns al la 'Pond' etc). The sydney band thave their first single THis Girl out on monday and more material to follow.


The Fader x Nike x World Cup? (and whatever)presents - Canyons Mix
feat.
Tortoiseshell - This Girl (Canyons Dub)


Go the Soccer+Kangaroos!


andaveagoodweekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment